I want to be a photographer. I’ve had a fancy camera for quite a while now. I’ve taken some classes. I have an iPhone with lots (lots!) of photography apps. I can take a picture with either camera and I kinda-sorta know the basic of how to use the fancy camera. But I don’t consider myself a photographer.
Why not? What is preventing me from moving forward with this art form? After all photography is just another way to observe the world.
After some thought and some reading I’ve discovered (duh):
The only way to get better is to practice.
The only way to get better is to see. Observe.
The only way to get better is to actually take pictures.
I just need to take pictures. I need to take pictures and then analyze what I did. So, with that in mind, my goals for the next few months (years?) are:
- Learn photography
- Learn to use D200
- Learn to use iPhone camera
- Learn to use iPhone camera apps
- Take lots of pictures
- LOSE THE FEAR
- Take at least 10 pictures a day
- Put one each day on Flickr and blog/critique it
- Read at least one article on photography a week and actually do some of the suggestions presented.